Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Little Bit of Good News

Okay, so, waking up at 4:30am on the regular sucks.

It sucks for me, at least.  I'm certain that there are many fine morning people in the world who prefer things that way, but I'm not among them, except out of necessity.  My current necessity is having a moment's peace and quiet before the family (bless them) wakes, because really that's the only time I can gather sufficient focus to write.

But why am I complaining?  Isn't this post entitled "A Little Bit of Good News"?  Glad you asked!

It's paying off!  Waking up early is hard enough, but it's impossible if I don't see that I'm doing good with that time.  Fortunately, the good folks on Whidbey Island have seen fit to grant me the Penn Cove Literary Arts Award for the second month in a row.  I do believe that's a first, ladies and gentlemen -- back to back wins.  (And also a last: their newly updated rules specify that previous winners should not submit again... which is a shame, since it was a good source of inspiration to me these last couple of months.)

Furthermore, one of my short stories has been selected as a finalist in the 2015 Defenestrationism Short Story Contest!  It can be found here.  (There is voting involved as part of the contest, and anyone so inclined may participate, but of course there's no obligation to vote or to vote for my story.  The other finalists are all worthy.)

So hooray or huzzah or something similar.  :)

Now to just keep it up...

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed Through the Window as a finalist in the 2015 Defenestrationism Short Story Contest. Clever sequencing. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete